Frequently Asked Questions
How do I open an account?
Simply click the "Open an Account" Button
What will I be investing in?
Our portfolios are low cost, actively curated bundles of listed investments.
What does it cost?
How do I access my account?
- There are a number of ways to access your account. Clients can access their accounts via the Institutional Intelligent Portfolios app that is available on ios and android devices. Or online at https://institutionalintelligent.schwab.com/client/#/login?return=%2Fpublic%2Fintelligent-advisor%2Fhome.html.
- Those that have Charles Schwab accounts outside The Cricket Company can also access their account by using their Schwab alliance login. From the account summary page, click on “Access Institutional Intelligent Portfolios site” to access The Cricket Company Account.
How do I fund my account?
Will I get anything in the mail?
Can I lose money?
Who do I call if I have questions?
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 614-442-3355
How do you help me?
Can I transfer my existing accounts to The Cricket Company?
Will I incur any taxes on this?
What types of accounts are offered?
- Individual Brokerage
- Custodial (UTMA/UGMA)
- Joint Tenant with Rights of Survivorship
- Tenants in Common
- Community Property
- Revocable Living Trust (single and two trustees)
- Roth IRA
- Traditional IRA
- Rollover IRA
Can I roll my 401(k) to The Cricket Company?
- Yes, you can roll your 401(k). Simply select “Rollover IRA” as your desired account type when opening your Cricket Company account and then select “Transfer from an outside retirement account”.
- Once you have completed the set up process, you will need to fill out any necessary paperwork that is required by your former employer and/or custodian and ask them to deposit your funds directly into your Cricket Company Rollover IRA account by check or wire.
- Should your former employer deposit the funds via check, make the check payable to "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., FBO (Your Name)." and ask them to include your Cricket Company Rollover IRA account number on the check as well. All checks should be mailed to Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., P.O. Box 628291, Orlando, FL 32862-8291.
- If you have any questions about this process, feel free to contact us.
- Other Considerations:
- Before rolling assets over from a qualified plan, you should consider various factors. These factors include but are not limited to: Investment Options, an IRA often enables the investor to select from a broader range of investment options; Fees and Expenses, both plans involve investment-related expenses and plan or account fees. IRA fees may be more than your current plan fees; Services, different levels of service may be available under each option; Penalty-Free withdrawals, it may be easier to borrow from a plan and you may be able to withdrawal funds earlier in certain circumstances; Required minimum distributions, if still working at 70 ½ a person is generally not required to make distributions from employer’s plan; Tax considerations, for potential tax considerations you should consult with your tax advisor. Other factors may be relevant when analyzing considerations that might apply to your specific circumstances, you should consult your financial professional.
Can I roll my IRA to The Cricket Company?
You will need to contact the custodian of your current IRA and inform them that you would like your assets transferred to your Cricket Company IRA by check or wire.
Should your funds transfer via check, make the check payable to "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., FBO (Your Name)." and ask them to include your Cricket Company Rollover IRA account number on the check as well. All checks should be mailed to Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., P.O. Box 628291, Orlando, FL 32862-8291.
It is also important to note that IRA beneficiaries do not automatically transfer to your Cricket Company IRA. You will need to select beneficiaries atwww.schwaballiance.com or complete the form on The Cricket Company client portal.
If you have any questions about this process, feel free to contact us.
What is the minimum investment required to open an account?
Will all my money be invested?
Can I make automatic contributions?
Please note that all investments are subject to market and other risk factors, which could result in loss of principal. Kestra Investment Services, LLC does not provide tax or legal advice.