QWill I get anything in the mail?
Opening and maintaining an account with The Cricket Company is a completely paperless process.
QCan I lose money?
All investing carries risk. We do not guarantee return on principal. However, we will work with you to make sure your investment strategy aligns with your risk tolerance.
QWho do I call if I have questions?
QHome & Mortgage
QHow do you help me?
While The Cricket Company is technology driven, we have advisors ready to help you along the way. Our carefully designed portfolios cater to a wide variety of investment goals and risk profiles. We empower you to make financial decisions with confidence.
QCan I transfer my existing accounts to The Cricket Company?
Yes, you can transfer funds from and existing account. If you have existing accounts, current positions will need to be liquidated prior to transfer. Please contact us at 614-442-3355 if you need assistance.
QWill I incur any taxes on this?
We are not tax professionals. Please consult your tax professional. These portfolios include constant monitoring and rebalancing which could result in a taxable event.
- How long will it take to pay off my credit card(s)?
- How long until my loan is paid off?
- What would my loan payments be?
- What is the balance owing on my loan?
- Which is better, cash up front or payments over time?
- What is the impact of making extra debt payments?
- Should I pay off debts or invest the money?
QWhat types of accounts are offered?
The Cricket Company offers the following account types:
- Individual Brokerage
- Custodial (UTMA/UGMA)
- Joint Tenant with Rights of Survivorship
- Tenants in Common
- Community Property
- Revocable Living Trust (single and two trustees)
- Roth IRA
- Traditional IRA
- Rollover IRA
QPaycheck & Benefits
QCan I roll my 401(k) to The Cricket Company?
- Yes, you can roll your 401(k). Simply select “Rollover IRA” as your desired account type when opening your Cricket Company account and then select “Transfer from an outside retirement account”.
- Once you have completed the set up process, you will need to fill out any necessary paperwork that is required by your former employer and/or custodian and ask them to deposit your funds directly into your Cricket Company Rollover IRA account by check or wire.
- Should your former employer deposit the funds via check, make the check payable to "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., FBO (Your Name)." and ask them to include your Cricket Company Rollover IRA account number on the check as well. All checks should be mailed to Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., P.O. Box 628291, Orlando, FL 32862-8291.
- If you have any questions about this process, feel free to contact us.
- Other Considerations:
- Before rolling assets over from a qualified plan, you should consider various factors. These factors include but are not limited to: Investment Options, an IRA often enables the investor to select from a broader range of investment options; Fees and Expenses, both plans involve investment-related expenses and plan or account fees. IRA fees may be more than your current plan fees; Services, different levels of service may be available under each option; Penalty-Free withdrawals, it may be easier to borrow from a plan and you may be able to withdrawal funds earlier in certain circumstances; Required minimum distributions, if still working at 70 ½ a person is generally not required to make distributions from employer’s plan; Tax considerations, for potential tax considerations you should consult with your tax advisor. Other factors may be relevant when analyzing considerations that might apply to your specific circumstances, you should consult your financial professional.
QCan I roll my IRA to The Cricket Company?
Yes, you can roll your IRA. Simply select “Roth IRA” or “Traditional IRA” as your desired account type when opening your Cricket Company account and then select “Transfer from an outside retirement account”.
You will need to contact the custodian of your current IRA and inform them that you would like your assets transferred to your Cricket Company IRA by check or wire.
Should your funds transfer via check, make the check payable to "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., FBO (Your Name)." and ask them to include your Cricket Company Rollover IRA account number on the check as well. All checks should be mailed to Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., P.O. Box 628291, Orlando, FL 32862-8291.
It is also important to note that IRA beneficiaries do not automatically transfer to your Cricket Company IRA. You will need to select beneficiaries atwww.schwaballiance.com or complete the form on The Cricket Company client portal.
If you have any questions about this process, feel free to contact us.
QWhat is the minimum investment required to open an account?
An account can be opened at any amount. However, your money will not be invested until the account reaches $5,000. Not quite there yet? Contact us and we can work together to get you there.
QWill all my money be invested?
Yes. Once your allocation is approved, all of your funds will be allocated including a small percentage allocated to cash.
QHow do I open an account?
QCan I make automatic contributions?
Yes. One time and recurring contributions and withdrawals can be set up through The Cricket Company Client portal.
QWhat will I be investing in?
Our portfolios are low cost, actively curated bundles of listed investments.
QWhat does it cost?
The total expenses of our portfolios average 0.96% per year. Your actual expenses will be determined by the specific portfolio your investments are placed in. Compare this to the average advisory fee of up to 1.50% 1, not including the actual investment’s costs.
QHow do I access my account?
- There are a number of ways to access your account. Clients can access their accounts via the Institutional Intelligent Portfolios app that is available on ios and android devices. Or online at https://institutionalintelligent.schwab.com/client/#/login?return=%2Fpublic%2Fintelligent-advisor%2Fhome.html.
- Those that have Charles Schwab accounts outside The Cricket Company can also access their account by using their Schwab alliance login. From the account summary page, click on “Access Institutional Intelligent Portfolios site” to access The Cricket Company Account.
QHow do I fund my account?
The Cricket Company accounts must be funded through via electronic transfers. This is established via your online access.